Lamont Creek is a run-of-river hydroelectric facility with an installed capacity of 27 MW and an average yearly energy output of 105,200 MWh. It uses hydraulic resources of the lower reaches of Lamont Creek with the point of diversion 3.5 km upstream from the powerhouse, which in turn is 60 m upstream of the confluence of Lamont Creek with the Stave River.
Construction of Lamont Creek commenced in May 2007 and the COD was achieved on November 2, 2009.
The Lamont Creek plant has been granted with ECOLOGO® certification, the only independent recognized environmental standard, for its reduced impact on the environment.
PRODUCT CERTIFIED FOR REDUCED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT. VIEW SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES EVALUATED: UL.COM/EL
|Capacity - Gross (MW)||27.0|
|Innergex participation (%)||50.0|
|Partner||CC&L Harrison Hydro Project Limited Partnership and LPF (Surfside) Development L.P.|
In 2011, Innergex announced the acquisition of Cloudworks Energy Inc. Cloudworks’ portfolio of assets consisted of an interest of 50.01% in six run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, the remaining 49.99% being owned by CC&L Harrison Hydro Project Limited Partnership and LPF (Surfside) Development L.P.
The Harrison Operating Facilities consist of six run-of-river hydroelectric power facilities located near Harrison Lake in southwestern British Columbia that were commissioned in 2009 and 2010: Douglas Creek, Fire Creek, Lamont Creek, Stokke Creek, Tipella Creek, and Upper Stave River. These facilities have a total installed capacity of 150 MW which, based on long-term average hydrology, produce 594,000 MWh of energy annually.