The Douglas Creek Project is a run-of-river hydroelectric facility with an installed capacity of 27 MW and an estimated yearly energy output of 92,600 MWh.
Construction of the Douglas Creek Project facility commenced in May 2007 and the COD was achieved on October 19, 2009.
Douglas Creek uses the hydraulic resources of the lower reaches of Douglas Creek, with the point of diversion 3.1 km upstream from the powerhouse, which in turn is 1 km upstream of the confluence of Douglas Creek with Little Harrison Lake.
The Douglas Creek plant has been granted with ECOLOGO® certification, the only independent recognized environmental standard, for its reduced impact on environment.
PRODUCT CERTIFIED FOR REDUCED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT. VIEW SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES EVALUATED: UL.COM/EL
|Capacity - Gross (MW)||27.0|
|Innergex participation (%)||50.0|
|Partner||CC&L Harrison Hydro Project Limited Partnership and LPF (Surfside) Development L.P.|
In 2011, Innergex announced the acquisition of Cloudworks Energy Inc. Cloudworks’ portfolio of assets consisted of an interest of 50.01% in six run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, the remaining 49.99% is owned by CC&L Harrison Hydro Project Limited Partnership and LPF (Surfside) Development L.P.
The Harrison Operating Facilities consist of six run-of-river hydroelectric power facilities located near Harrison Lake in southwestern British Columbia that were commissioned in 2009 and 2010: Douglas Creek, Fire Creek, Lamont Creek, Stokke Creek, Tipella Creek, and Upper Stave River. These facilities have a total installed capacity of 150 MW which, based on long-term average hydrology, produce 594,000 MWh of energy annually.