Umbata Falls

  • Location Canada
  • Energy Hydroelectricity
  • Client Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
  • Status In operation
  • Commissioned 2008
  • PPA expiry 2028
  • Gross installed capacity 23
  • Participation Innergex (%) 49
  • Partnership Biigtigong Nishnaabeg
The Umbata Falls run-of-river hydroelectric plant is located on the White River, a tributary of Lake Superior, some 30 kilometres southeast of Marathon, Ontario. This facility’s nameplate capacity is 23.0 MW, and its average yearly energy output is 109,102 MWh.  
The facility was created through a successful partnership between Innergex and the Biigtigong Nishnaabeg, who owns a 51% share in Umbata Falls. The remaining 49% is owned by Innergex.